How often should I clean my Makeup brushes? I bet it’s a regularly asked question for most people. Unfortunately, makeup brushes are a breeding ground for bacteria and can cause congestion, breakouts, and irritated skin.
If there is a lot of old product on your brushes, it can hinder the application of new makeup too. We spend a lot of money on skincare products, cleansers, and retinols to keep our skin looking youthful and dewy, so why do we continue to add bacteria to our skin through our brushes?
The truth is that you should really be cleaning your brushes after every use, but who has time for that? So, we recommend thoroughly cleaning them once a week.
- Fill a container with tepid water and add an anti-bacterial shampoo or soap
- Swirl the brush thoroughly in the water
- Rub the brush on the palm of your hand or a brush cleaner
- Rinse under the tap until the water runs clean
- Repeat if necessary
- Leave standing to dry
- Leave your brushes to soak in water as it can damage and loosen the brush hairs
- Use too much liquid, a little goes a long way
A great hack in between cleaning your brushes is to use a brush cleaning spray. An anti-bacterial and conditioning spray will help prolong the life of your brushes and keep them squeaky clean between washes. There is no need for water or drying, and it will remove makeup from all your brushes between uses. Check out our Squeaky Clean Brush Cleaner!